Sunday, May 22, 2011

A New Road

I am standing at a crossroads as my career as a library media teacher comes to an end. As I consider what I am going to do I recall a very famous poem called The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Questions going through my mind are keeping me up at night. Do I look for a job that will earn enough money to get by for a few years until I retire? Or do I follow my dream of bringing to life the characters that have flitted around in my head for the past twenty years? Am I ready to take a chance on my abiltiy to create the stories that I want to share?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a choice. So why not create, take a chance, and bring them to life?

    Dan Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I guess the comment posting page does not recognize apostrophes as it substituted symbols and numbers. Hmmmm) I am working on it now. I have started the research and am in the process of developing the characters and storyline. This is a story that has been floating in my brain for over 20 years. I hope it will be one that others will be interested in as I feel very compelled to tell this story.

    ReplyDelete